Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 December 2014

A day in London...


       
Christmas in the Powis household is completely family orientated, and our annual trip to London was here! Every year we travel to London and head to Harrods for some cheeky Christmas shopping, however this year we also visited the Natural History Muesum...
   

A beautiful scene of Christmas lights and ice skating greeted us outside the museum, it added to the Christmas vibe...
All things old and wonderful were on display...
I thought Libby was tall until we met this giant ball of fur!

As a child I loved Jurassic Park, so seeing these life sized dinosaurs really sends a shiver down your spine... 
Skeletons...
Of course the horse has to be the top skeleton at the Muesum in my opinion, I can't describe my fascination with the way the horse is made and has evolved over millions of years into the incredible athlete scene today...
I don't agree with the reckless killing of animals but I do strongly agree with using animals who have died of natural causes for education on the species and awareness of the wild situations...
Of course Harrods never fails to impress, and the lights this year really were breathtaking...
 
   
 
The food hall is always my favourite 'the way to anyone's heart is through their stomach' and is it true! Everything looks so good you want it all, I did have a moment of weakness and bought some champayne truffles...

After all the shopping, we did have to have a quick break and ended up having afternoon tea at Galvis; a quant boutique within the food hall that offers a full course meal or a light snack... 

No comments:

Post a Comment