Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 October 2014

Lou Lou's Vintage Fair...

Vintage Fairs? nothing could excite a vintage lover more... So when I heard of Lou Lou's Vintage fair I just had to go and have a nose! The fair started at 12pm at the Town hall in the Oxford City Centre, so I headed out around quarter too as I wasn't 100% sure where about the town hall was; but thanks to a friendly bus driver I managed to find my way...
If you read my previous blog you'll know that I recently purchased the cashmere jumper, silk scarf and beret from a vintage shop on my previous shopping journey... All for £20.00! Love a bargain!
The Entry fee was a small £2.00 that was for the whole day, there were a number of stalls all with different vintage treasures and trinkets; the particular picture above was a stall that was selling around 8 different kinds of ladies vanity sets from £35-£55...
I personally found that the town hall was an excellent choice to hold the vintage fair as the architecture inside on the ceiling was breath taking, just added that something special... 
Live music was also provided by Emma Stevenson, who sang some of the 40's, 50's and 60's classic hits, that we all know and love...
Brooches and rings were sold at practically every stall, but non of the two were the same...
One stall was selling a number of sunglasses for £5.00 each, much to my delight I bought two pairs; but had to restrain myself as I saw around seven pairs that could quite happily live with my glasses collection...
A makeup and hair stall were offering hairstyles and makeover at the fair, they also displayed many new makeup products that were on sale; from brightest blusher to a suttle lipstick, they had a wide range...
Tin signs and prints were on sale, all different and unique, the large signs were being sold at £10 and the regular sized signs were on sale for £6...
Afternoon Tea was provided in the adjoining hall, a selection of delicious cakes were on sale and tea or coffee was presented in china cups and saucers; tea being a huge love of mine I just had to join the band wagon... So a pot of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge, and I have to say it may have been my favourite purchase...
 
 So What Did I Buy?
                 Gold Earrings: £4.00        
             Blue and Gold Earrings: £6.00
The coasters were £3.00 each or 4 for £10.00, there was a huge range of different prints from Gil Elvgren portraits, Audrey Hepburn, Vintage posters, Lauren Bacall and of course my favourite Elvis...
I am absolutely in love with the shape of these sunglasses! The exaggerated wings are my idea of perfect...
 
      Tortoise Frame: £5.00
     Cream Frame: £5.00
Prints were also on sale, these too came in different categories; ranging from vintage posters, original photographs from 1950's, Elvis, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Humphrey Bogart...
    Each print was £5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment