Total Pageviews

Friday 25 July 2014

Zante...

As I mentioned in my previous blog post I've been off to Zante for a week since the 17th July; if your not a fan of geography like me, Zante shortened from Zakynthos is a small Greek Island famous for its night life and turtles. Its also a well known club location for young groups, I myself had already been with my friends and wasn't sure it was the right destination to travel to with my family, but we shall see... 

A girls holiday has already been has but before I headed off to university in September a family holiday abroad was needed, so me, mom, my aunt and three sisters headed to Birmingham airport at 5:00am ready for a flight at 7:00am. Due to all the news reports recently related to hidden bombs I assumed that customs would be dreadful when in fact it took less than 10 minutes to get through; duty free was a let down this year, only seemed to have the basic of shops. As I mentioned in my previous blog post I've been off to Zante for a week since the 17th July; if your not a fan of geography like me, Zante shortened from Zakynthos is a small Greek Islandfamous for its night life and turtles.
 

Once we landed in Zante we got a coach straight to the apartments and luckily we were the first stop, we stopped at 'Village Inn and Family Apartments'. Upon our first arrival the first sight was the pool which was surrounded by groups of girls and boys around 18-25years old; once checked in we headed straight to the room which was two floors and surprisingly spacious. 



Throughout the week we relaxed by the pool absorbing as much sun as we could, headed down to the beach, of course we went shopping and we ate out at a few restaurants. 


Around the pool the groups of girls and boys were no trouble what so ever, they tended to come down at 3:00pm and sunbathe for the rest of the day; the only thing I found unpleasant was that many of the girls who were most likely my own age would not smile as you walked past them, they would just stare and then look away. Manners are a big thing for me and ignorance is a no no! 

The staff at the hotel were some of the friendliest I've ever met, Erica the bar tender shared an interest in watches like I do myself and insisted in bringing her watches in the day to show me; before I even asked for any drinks she had them ready and waiting! We got on so well we went into the main strip a couple of times, and because she was a local managed to get us in everywhere for free!

Somebody was enjoying the sun! 

 
   

Zante strip was very wild and busy, I'm not a huge party girl when it comes to large hot sweaty clubs were people just go to get mortled, but as we were on holiday I took my sister to the strip with Ercia and showed her ropes... Not saying that it was a bad night but girls were getting naked and lads were constantly fighting, we tend to enjoy something calmer but at least she can say she's done it. However I can always say I've been to Zante and done the strip.


This was just a small post purely because we went for a relaxing holiday and didn't move around that much, hope you enjoy it anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment