Total Pageviews

Monday 23 June 2014

Dolly Parton came to town...

Dancing round the kitchen in my big blonde curly wig, my moms snake skin boots on and a hairbrush in my hand; I'd sing along to Jolene to my hearts content, I thought I was world class. From that day on I was hooked and in my opinion nothing could compare to the wonder of Dolly Parton's magical voice.

Which brings us to Mother's Day, as a surprise I thought I would get me and mom tickets to see Dolly at the LG arena in Birmingham; we missed her when she came in 2013 so I defiantly wasn't going to pass up this opportunity. I booked the tickets and then when Mother's Day arrived I left mom little suttle clues to her big surprise.

First off I left Dolly Parton's greatest hits on the side, told her that Dolly's was coming to Birmingham but how frightfully expensive the tickets were; then finally let her know by putting that very big blonde curly wig that I danced around the kitchen in on her bed with cowboy boots and the tickets...

Wells tears, tears and more tears followed very shortly after that...

22nd June came around fast and before I knew it were on the train from Birmingham New Street to the LG arena; walking in the arenas direction dozens of pink feathered cowboy hats and checked shirts shuffled to the entrance.


Finally in and sat down we waited for the big show to begin...

In enters this tiny person covered head to toe in white swarovski crystals, nothing could explain the excitement that bubbled up inside of me and mom; and if I'm honest it was all just worth it to see the great big smile on moms face! 


All the songs id loved for so many years were sang so beautifully, and the instruments Dolly can play are never ending! 

Saxophone, guitar (electric and acoustic), banjo, piano, fiddle, harmonica, auto harp, recorder and lap sliding guitar.

Coat of many colours (moms favourite) Jolene, Little Sparrow, I will always love you, Home, 9 to 5, Better get to living, Blue smoke and Here you come again (my favourite).

It was defiantly a moment that I'll never forget and I would recommend it to anyone!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment